Topic: Spice it up!
If you want to further challenge yourself with any writing prompt that catches your eye, apply one (or more, hey, I'm not the boss of you) of the following restrictions to your story. Let us know in the prompt thread when you post your story if you added something, and what it was.
When adding one of these restrictions onto your story, roll a six-sided die and use the result. Or just pick whatever tickles your fancy!
1. Write your story with the most overblown, cliche, terrible writing you can imagine. Try to use analogies that make your teeth itch, character descriptions that make your eyes water, dialogue that no sane person would actually use in any real or imagined situation, and a plot that gives you a headache! Be a terrible writer - you want your readers face-palming and rolling their eyes.
2. Go with a Sci-fi theme, with laser guns and crazy aliens or superpowers conferred by genetic manipulation, radiation, or evolution. Space force! World-wide government, whether evil or benevolent! Warp drives! Lightsabers!
3. Do fantasy, with all the overdone tropes such as brutish dwarves, arrogant elves, barefoot halflings, and humans who are illogically kinda in charge. Magic! Ancient Gods! Psionic Spirit Blades!
4. Try Fan-fiction for any book, movie, game, anime, or etc.
5. Write the story with an overly romantic subplot. Feel free to write it as well as you can, or to use all the old bodice-ripper cliches! Keep it in Booksie's PG-13 rating, of course.
6. A series of journal entries or blog posts comprise the entire story. You could also make it in the form of a thread posted on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, or a fake social media platform that you create for your story. Maybe actually post it to your social media account and post it here on Booksie as a series of images...